Saturday, September 20, 2008

Picks

For anyone who did not see the second episode of season four of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," the gang devises an idiotic get rich quick scheme in which they buy barrels of gasoline, store it until gases prices shoot up even further so they can sell it off for profit. It's decided that Mac is the brains of the operation, Dennis is the looks, and Charlie is the wild card. 

I'm like Charlie. I'm the wild card. I picked the Astros to win the wild card with Brian Moehler as their number two starter. I picked Kevin Craft and UCLA to pommel BYU with an aerial assault that would make Texas Tech look like Auburn. It's so crazy it just might work. 

It didn't.  

For the record, If I would have known Julian was actually counting the picks and that this was a season long competition, I would not have picked the Astros to go to the post season. That being said, there is still no assurance that I will not make totally idiotic picks in the future. Also, I'm not exactly proud of my BYU UCLA pick, however UCLA probably had a better chance of winning that game than the Astros do of playing October baseball.  

No comments: